Special Hockey Registration
Hi Hudson Special Hockey Families-
The 2024 Hudson Special Hockey season is just around the corner. We're looking forward to seeing your athletes take the ice!
We are very excited to announce that we will have an EXPANDED Special Hockey program this spring to better accommodate all players and all levels, as well as reduce the amount of athletes on the ice for safety. Our ice time will be divided into two groups as follows:
GROUP A- Wisconsin Special Hockey Learn To Skate/Beginner Hockey Skills:
This group is designated for athletes using a chair and/or walker & needing help from a volunteer.
Note: all athletes must wear full hockey gear and a helmet for safety and liability reasons.
GROUP B- Wisconsin Special Hockey Team:
Athletes who are advanced & ready to play hockey games, and work in groups on hockey drills. Based on last year, we know which session is most appropriate for each athlete, so we will let you know.
ALL athletes in GROUP B must be able to do the following:
- Move independently & be able to use their stick
- Perform drills at each station
- Play in a full ice hockey game with scoring, music & buzzers
- Interact appropriately with all athletes in a team sport atmosphere & game /scrimmage environment (we plan to invite other teams to play with us in a united format)
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship, follow our Code of Conduct and understand Zero Tolerance policy.
- Note: all athletes must wear full hockey gear and a helmet for safety and liability reasons.
3/3 - Group A: 2:15-3pm Group B: 3- 3:45 PM
3/10 - NO ICE- (Hudson's Spring Break)
3/17 - Group A: 2:15-3pm Group B 3- 3:45 PM
3/24 - Group A: 2:15-3pm Group B 3- 3:45 PM
4/7 - Group A: 2:15-3pm Group B 3- 3:45 PM
4/14 - Group A: 2:15-3pm Group B 3- 3:45 PM
4/28 - Group A: 2:15-3pm Group B 3- 3:45 PM
1) In an effort to streamline the entry/exit process, we're asking that athletes arrive at the rink in as much gear as possible. If your athlete is comfortable walking into the rink with skates, please consider purchasing skate guards at St Croix Sports or online at Pure Hockey. We are happy to show you how to properly tie skates and secure helmets. We will have volunteers on hand for those who need assistance, but we appreciate your support in doing as much as you can ahead of time.
2) For insurance reasons, all athletes must be registered through American Special Hockey. Please complete this registration form and send a screenshot or picture of the completed registration to Lisa Bonhus: firstname.lastname@example.org Registration must be completed before the first ice session on March 3rd. https://www.specialhockey.org/page/show/5887416-registrationIf you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! Questions can be directed to:
Jamie Schultz- email@example.com • 651-341-4098 (text preferred)
Hudson Special Hockey